The purpose of this job is to operate and monitor grain shipping and receiving equipment and perform outside operational functions in order to benefit internal and external customers of Tate & Lyle, while maintaining clean, safe and well-kept facilities.
Position will receive supervisory assignments from the Grain Operations Lead person or designee.
- Must have positive proactive attitude
- Must greet all customers with a positive polite attitude
- Responsible for understanding and complying with all Tate & Lyle Safety Policies and Procedures
- Responsible for Tate & Lyle Safety Goal objectives
Ability to assist in all aspects of the elevator operations such as but not limited to:
- Receiving and shipping various grain products by truck and rail.
- Grain drying operations as applicable.
- Measuring grain bins, bin grain according to grade factors, weigh inbound and outbound trucks
- Perform all necessary task to ensure a clean and safe facility
- Perform basic mechanical functions and assist in repair & maintenance on all elevator equipment as needed.
- Strong communication, reading, writing and math skills
- Communicate effectively with customers and co-workers
- Ability to work independently and together as a team
- Organize/manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work some long irregular hours, including some weekends and holidays
- Ability to operate a forklift (certification is required) and or other essential equipment such as but not limited to train engines, front end loaders, augers, conveying equipment
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions as needed
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and other computer related skills
- Ability to climb to s significant height and perform heaving lifting (up to 100lbs unassisted)
- Hold a valid driver's license for the state in which they reside
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous elevator experience and agricultural background would be helpful
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger,
handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently
lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Weight carried, lifted, or moved - 1-100 lbs. unassisted - 100-250 lbs. with assistance.
Repetitive hand movements consist of firm grasping with the right and/or left hand.
This job also requires the following: working on heights, being around moving machinery and vehicles, driving automotive equipment, and wearing personal protective equipment (dust mask, ear plugs, goggles, gloves, hard hat).
Employee must be able to work frequent extended or flexible work hours, including weekends and nights.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to airborne particles
and outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places and chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
1. Tate & Lyle orientation training prior to start of job
2. Safety training prior to start of job based on job duties.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked to perform other duties.
Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.